Skip Navigation
Motor Vehicle Title & Registration

The County Tax Assessor-Collector Office works in partnership with Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.  This Office provide vehicle title and registration services, including;

  • registration renewals (license plates and registration stickers)
  • vehicle title transfers
  • change of address on motor vehicle records
  • specialty plates such as Purple Heart and Disabled Veterans license plates
  • disabled parking placards
  • copies of registration receipts
  • temporary registration
How can we help you?

Your Registration Renewal

To renew your registration, you can visit your local Jim Wells County Tax Office or apply online.

You can now sign up for eReminder to receive an e-mail when it's time to renew your vehicle registration.  TxDMV will send an e-mail weeks before your vehicle registration sticker expires.  Click eReminder to sign up!

Check Your Title

This is one of the most important steps you can take to protect yourself before making your purchase.  Whether you are buying from a local dealer, individual or eyeing a vehicle from an online auction website, it will help you to know what you are buying before you pay any money or sign any paperwork for the vehicle.  For more information, click here.

Change of Address

If you recently moved to Jim Wells County from another county within the state and it is time to renew your vehicle registration, the following options are available;
1.) You may go into their local Jim Wells County tax office. Please make sure to bring your renewal notice and proof of insurance.

2.) You can also update the address where your registration renewal is mailed by clicking here.

Get Specialty License Plates

These plates say a lot about you and your favorite cause, sports team, expression or job.  If you are or were in the military, you can also view license plates made just right for you.  Also you can find disabled and souvenir plates by clicking here.

Note: To receive the disabled license plate, you must submit a completed application and supporting documentation showing your disability to your local county tax office.

Transfer Your Title

When a Texas-titled vehicle is sold or trade in, the seller can notify Texas Department of Motor Vehicles within 30 days or face financial penalties.  By completing a Vehicle Transfer Notification you are notifying TxDMV that you have sold a vehicle.  When you submit the form a remark will be added to the vehicle record which shows the date you sold the vehicle.  This can protect you if the buyer fails to promptly transfer the title.

Get Application Forms

To view forms that you may need when registering, titling, buying, selling or importing your vehicle, click here.

Jim Wells County is a great place to spend the future

Copyright © Jim Wells County - All Rights Reserved {{YEAR}}

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM